The things to do in Denver are endless! Find the best Denver Colorado attractions for your family with info on Denver golfing, shopping & restaurants.
Whether you’re visiting the city for the weekend or making a big Denver, Colorado relocation, know that there’s plenty to keep you occupied in the great Mile High City.
One of the great cultural hubs of the American Southwest, Denver has more to offer in the way of arts, entertainment, shopping, recreation, dining, and sightseeing than you could ever hope to accomplish in one lifetime, let alone one weekend. There’s bittersweet news here: the sweet is that Denver is full-to-brimming with amazing activities and amusements, and the bitter is that sometimes it can be hard to make a decision about what to do when there are so many tempting options.
To help ease your mind and get you immediately started on your path to fun, adventure, and family excitement, we’ve compiled a list of some not-to-miss shops, eateries, venues, and sights that you’ll definitely want to check out.
A list of the top ten things to do in Denver is almost impossible to create–there are just so many great things to do and see here. So instead, we’ve made a list of some suggestions in a few categories to help you figure out what to do first. And second. And third…
After you’ve spent a little time strolling around this beautiful city, you’ll begin to discover your own favorite restaurants, shops, parks, and museums. That’s the wonderful moment when you stop becoming a visitor, and start becoming part of the Denver family.
Whatever your recreational interests may be–swimming, skiing, biking, jogging, sports, etc.–you can be sure that Denver has plenty of options available to you.
- Golf Courses in Denver — If teeing off is a favorite pastime of yours, you can look forward to hitting the links at a number of great city-area courses, such as Harvard Gulch, Wellshire, or Kennedy.
- Cherry Creek Bike Path — Hop on your bicycles and take the family on a trip alongside Cherry Creek. The path is 15 miles long, but you can ride for as long or little as you’d like.
- Elitch Gardens Theme Park — In operation since 1890, this theme park, located in downtown Denver, has plenty of rides and attractions to keep you and the whole family all day long.
Hungry? Well, don’t worry. No matter what kind of cuisine sets your tummy rumbling, Denver has several delicious options for you to choose from.
- Larimer Square — This is a trendy neighborhood of Victorian buildings that offers countless restaurants and outdoor cafes for you to fill your stomach.
- 16th Street Mall — This is a mile-long promenade lines with trees and flowers that’s the home of some of Denver’s best cafes and restaurants.
- Lannie’s Clocktower Cabaret — For a little entertainment (or a lot!) with your meal, try this super fun cabaret performance that mixes dinner with delight.
Some of the best things about Denver come directly from Mother Nature’s hands. Check out the beauty of wildlife, flora, and natural wonders that this great city has to offer.
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre — Catch your favorite musician in concert or just roam around the beautiful, 250 million-year-old red sandstone formations that grace this gorgeous park.
- Denver Aquarium — See fish and aquatic wildlife of all kinds at Denver’s world-famous aquarium.
- Denver Botanic Gardens — There’s plenty of horticultural excitement to be had at the Botanic Garden, where Denver plays home to over 15,000 different plant varieties.
Denver Museums & Entertainments
For art lovers, sports lovers, movie lovers, dance lovers, theatre lovers, and all other kinds of lovers, Denver is an absolute playground of delights.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science — Take a breathtaking look at the history of life on our planet at the museum and don’t forget to catch an educational film at its Imax theater.
- Denver Art Museum — This seven-story contemporary building is the home of a large, highly-regarded Native American art collection as well extensive painting, architecture, design, and graphics galleries.
- Coors Field — This $215 million stadium seats 50,000 fans and is a must-destination for baseball fans who want to catch the Rockies in a Major League game.
Shopping in Denver, Colorado
Denver’s retail shops are some of the best in the country, offering up one-of-a-kind handmade goods and the finest designer accoutrement in the region.
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center — In the neighboring area of Cherry Creek, you can visit this upscale shopping mall for some fancy gifts from Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., or any number of other superb stores.
- Denver Pavilions— This is a gigantic entertainment and retail center in downtown Denver on the 16th Street Mall, offering more than three dozen retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment scenes.
- LoDo — Lower Downtown Denver is the home of a great variety of retail stores.