Denver Farmers Markets
Denver has a thriving food culture, and one of the central tenants is farmers markets.
No matter what area of Denver you live in, you can be sure to find a farmers market sometime during the week.
And if you’re willing to move among the neighborhoods you can find a market every day of the week.
Many cities nowadays have farmers markets, but Denver is unique in its ability to boast not just markets every day of the week, but markets full of foods and goods that truly come from the local community and aren’t trucked in from elsewhere.
What Can You Find at Farmers Markets in Denver?
At most of the markets in Denver, you won’t just find in-season vegetables, although they are delicious. You’ll also find homemade:
- Local honey
- Hot sauces
- Jams and Jellies
- Dog treats
To help you find them all,
Here’s a List of the Weekly Farmers Markets in Denver
(and the surrounding area)
- South Pearl Street (Pearl Street between Evans Ave. and Buchtel Blvd.) – This is a huge outdoor market that runs from 9am to 1pm every Sunday from May 20 – November 4. Whether you’re looking for fresh, local veggies or to get a rocking chair repaired, you’ll find it all here.
- Highlands Ranch Town Center (9288 Dorchester Street) – This market houses Aiko Pops, Bavarian Sausage Express, Camino Coffee and more.
- Tamarac Shopping Center – From 11am to 3pm every Monday during the months of June through October, head down here for a fresh market.
- Aurora’s Havana Exchange (2892 S. Havana Street) – Also on Mondays in Aurora you can check out this market from 10am to 3pm if it’s closer to you or you find a vendor you’re looking for.
- 21 Fitzsimons (12900 E 22nd Ave.) – This market is in Aurora, so not technically Denver, but close enough to get to by car, public transportation or by bike path. It’s open every Tuesday from June 19 through October 30 from 10am to 3pm. Some of the vendors here include Ant D’s Fine Foods (jams), Camino Coffee, J & J Salsa and Juice Plus.
- Civic Center Park (Broadway and 14th Street) – The city’s park in front of the capital building houses a farmers market every Wednesday from June 13 through September 26.
- Littleton’s Aspen Grove Lifestyle Center (7301 Santa Fe Drive) – If you’re out in Littleton (or it’s closer to you than Civic Center Park) on Wednesdays, check out this market. You can get everything from Avanti Wines to Devil Dog Colorado (dark roasted Arabic coffee)
- Denver Urban Homesteading Center (200 Santa Fe Drive) – This is an indoor market that runs all year round (yes! Even in the snowy winter). The market accepts Visa, MasterCard and EBT/SNAP benefits
- Wheat Ridge (4260 Wadsworth Blvd.) – If you’re looking for an outdoor market on Thursdays, Wheat Ridge offers vegetable plants, coffees, chocolates, dairy…whatever you may be looking for!
- Denver Urban Homesteading Center (200 Santa Fe Drive) – Pretty much the same as Thursday’s market.
- Denver Urban Homesteading Center (200 Santa Fe Drive) – Saturdays is the big day for the homesteading center. While you can head up to the market on Thursdays and Fridays to buy any of their permanent goods, local area farmers come to the market on Saturdays with fresh veggies, breads and plants.
- Southwest Plaza (8501 West Bowles Ave.) – This market is in Littleton, so it’s a bit of a drive from Denver, but if you’re looking for a great outdoor, Saturday market, this is your spot! Look for Big E’s BBQ Sauce, handmade beaded jewelry, homemade chocolates, dog treats and much more.
Check out denverfarmersmarket.com, denverurbanhomesteading.com and southpearlstreet.com for more information on the markets around town.
Is Your Mouth Watering Yet?
Here’s the greatest news…these aren’t the only markets in Denver and its surrounding areas! Keep exploring and you’re sure to find more local foods. There are tons of CSAs, Farm Yards and other ways of eating local.
If eating local, in-season delicious food is important to you, settling in Denver may end up being your dream world come true.
If you’re ready to start looking at homes in Denver or the surrounding area, let me know.
As a Denver/Boulder real estate agent I can help you find your perfect home at the perfect price and make those Denver farmers markets and all the truly awesome products they have to offer a daily reality for you!