Denver Colorado Real Estate Guide – Finding Your Perfect Home
People have been increasingly flocking to Colorado in recent years. The mix of mountain living and adventure with all that city life has to offer is a unique combination that not many other places in the country can claim. As a result of increased demand, the search for Denver real estate listings has become increasingly more difficult.
A real estate MLS paired with a real estate agent who is knowledgeable about the area can make your search much easier and more successful, whether you’re moving to Denver for the first time or are a long-time resident looking to find a new home.
Finding Your Ideal Denver Real Estate Listings
The first place to start when you are thinking of buying a home in Denver is a real estate MLS. These services provide you with a list of current homes on the market and details about them that usually include:
- The square footage of the house
- The number of bedrooms
- The location of the house
- The neighborhood the house is located in
- The number of bathrooms
- The year the house was built
- Photos of both the interior and exterior of the house
Once you find houses of interest through a Denver real estate search, the next step is often to check out the neighborhoods in which the houses are located.
Learning About a Neighborhood
While visiting a neighborhood can give you a good sense of the atmosphere, looking into the history and background of a neighborhood can give you a better idea of factors, such as crime rates, school quality and the health of the real estate market in the area.
Since most real estate MLS will provide you with the neighborhood name, location and house address, you can then search the neighborhood online.
Trulia.com compiles neighborhood information to provide perspective buyers with details, such as:
- Crime information – both the number of crimes and type
- School information – what school district the house is in and what rating the schools in that district received
- Market trends – including the median sale price for the area, number of recent sales, average listing price and information on the area’s recent real estate history
- Community information – including the years the homes were built in the area, the average household income, travel time to work and other census data
- Local city maps
- Nearby attractions, community organizations and entertainment
To help you get started on your search, here are some of Denver’s more popular neighborhoods:
Your Next Step
Once you’ve found a house (or a few houses) of interest in a neighborhood that matches your goals and lifestyle, a local real estate agent can help you learn more about the house(s).
He or she tell you how the market has been in the past few years and whether now is a good time to buy or not. A real estate agent can make sure you are getting the most for your money and that you are making a good decision for you and your family.
Once you’ve begun your search through Denver real estate listings and are ready to begin working with an agent, contact me. I specialize in Denver and Boulder real estate, and I can make your search for a new home easy and painless.